IMU Ground Floor
A space to connect, study, and relax
The flood of 2008 displaced many of the student-focused offerings in the IMU. As of June, 2015, we are happy to announce that the IMU ground floor is back! The ground floor has historically been dedicated to services for students, and that tradition remains true today.
What's on the ground floor?
- The Iowa Hawk Shop: computers, hawkeye apparel and gifts, school supplies, textbooks, and more
- Union Station Food Court: deli sandwiches, sushi, pizza, and other food and beverages
- The Hawkeye: meet some friends, hit the books, or take in a show
- Study spaces: the IMU Learning Commons, lounge spaces, study carrells, and tables
- The Java House: amazing coffee, beverages, and pastries (coming August, 2015)
- Hills Bank and Trust: a convenient on-campus bank
- The Academic Resource Center: open daily for tutoring and academic support
- Student Legal Services: free legal advice for UI students
- Student Health & Wellness Clinical Outreach Nurses: Stop in and talk to a nurse, check your health requirements, get a vaccine, or get help making an appointment in the main clinic at Westlawn.
IMU recovery in the media
Read about the IMU Flood Mitigation & Recovery Project and the IMU ground floor.
- Cedar Rapids Gazette
- Iowa Now
IMU ground floor in photos