Alternative Catering Services must comply with the following:
- Both the Alternative Caterer’s Food Service License AND Alternative Catering’s Insurance must be submitted to University Catering in order to get approval of your Alternative Caterer. Please submit hard copies to Room 237 of the IMU by the date provided above so that the Purchasing Department has time to review.
- The photocopy of the event menu or invoice should include EVERY item that will be available to guests that evening and include individual quantities. The event menu must be a formal document and submitted via hard copy to Room 237 of the IMU by the date provided above.
- The Student Organization and Caterer understand they must provide all equipment for the event including but not limited to warmers, hot boxes, coolers, service ware, and all other catering production equipment. If equipment is not provided in order to assure safety minimums are met, University Catering has the right to remove food from the event. The Student Organization may choose to rent chafing dishes from University Catering with (7) business day notice prior to the event date.
- Student Organization and Caterer understand a minimum of one (1) employee from the Caterer must be on site during service of food and provide proper food handling services.
- Student Organization and Caterer understand it is at the discretion of University Catering and IMU Administration as to the actual number of staff from the Caterer and UI Catering that will be required at the event.
- Student Organization and Caterer understand the student organization must hire a minimum of one (1) staff person from University Catering to temp food for safety for the entire time food is being served plus thirty (30) minutes before and after service. (Example; a group serving food from 6p.m. to 7p.m. would pay for a catering staff person from 5:30p.m. to 7:30p.m.)
- Student Organization and Caterer understand that a report will be sent to the IMU and Student Org Office indicating recorded food temperatures and any issues that arise the day of the event.
- Student Organization and Caterer understand approval of application does not allow access to any University Catering kitchen space, equipment, or services. A charge will incur if use of any equipment is noted.
- Student Organization and Caterer understand that University Event Supervisors reserve the right to refuse service of any food deemed not safe and/or not being served according to Iowa Health Code.
- Student Organization and Caterer understand that only those food and beverage items listed on the event menu will be allowed at the event. Any additional items brought into your event are not approved and will be removed immediately.
- Student Organization understands that it is the responsibility of the Student Organization and/or Caterer to provide all plates, utensils, napkins, and service ware needed for the event. The Student Organization may choose to rent service items from University Catering with (7) business day notice prior to the event date.
For more information contact University Catering.
All topics by title:
- Alternative Catering...
- Alcoholic & Non-Alco...
- A/V Equipment Policy
- Concerts & Performan...
- Cancellation & No Sh...
- Digital Displays
- Danforth Chapel
- Directional Signage ...
- Electrical Connect/D...
- Event Security
- Gambling & Raffle Ti...
- General Information ...
- Hubbard Park Fence
- Hubbard Park Policy
- IMU River Terrace
- IMU River Amphitheat...
- Online Reservations ...
- Public Spaces
- Priority Reservation...
- Sales at Events
- Student Organization...
- The Hawkeye
- Table Tents
- The Hawkeye
- University Departmen...