The use of the Iowa Memorial Union (IMU) facility and grounds must be in accordance with IMU, Dean of Students, and University of Iowa Policies.
The Associate Director of the IMU and his/her staff will enforce the following policies. These policies apply to all areas within the IMU, Hubbard Park, Danforth Chapel, IMU River Terrace, and IMU River Amphitheater. Any exception to IMU policies must be approved by the Associate Director or his/her designee.
Venues booked by the IMU Event Services include the IMU, Hubbard Park, Danforth Chapel, Lagoon Shelter House, IMU River Terrace, and IMU River Amphitheater. IMU venues are available during all building hours unless otherwise noted. Event reservations can be made by contacting the IMU Events Services Office at 319-335-3114, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, on our online reservation site the Web App, or by visiting our office at 159 IMU.
The Events Services Office assists customers in scheduling and planning for events using IMU event space. This includes room reservations, providing technical support, setup, and oversight of events. The office works with the customer to make their event successful and in accordance with state, university, and departmental rules and regulations.
Reservations in the IMU
1. The IMU is available for reservation by:
- Registered Student Organization
- University Departments
- University Guests (including non-university organizations, non-university individuals and student, faculty, staff, alumni for non-departmental or non-student organization use)
For further information see “Users” section on page 3.
2. Rooms and facilities available for reservation are listed on the IMU Website.
3. All requests for the reservation of IMU facilities and services must be filed with the IMU Event Services Office.
4. The Associate Director or his/her designee has the authority to deny the proposed use of Union facilities at any time, or to impose, at any time, limits on the scope, conduct, or audience size of any event in order to carry out the provisions of these policies. The Associate Director may also require, as a condition of use, the services of additional maintenance, technical, or security personnel.
5. Rooms may be reserved prior to an event for decorating based on availability. Click here for the full policy on decorations in the IMU.
6. The customer, not the IMU or the University, is responsible for loss of or damage to any personal property of the customer, their guests, agents, employees or invitees, located within the Facility or on University property, before, during or after the term of the event.
For IMU building hours, see the IMU website. Events in the IMU Meeting Rooms are permitted from 7:00am-11:00pm. In general, university department and ...
The University of Iowa has several spaces for outdoor events available to student organizations, departments, and university guests. To reserve an ou...
The following areas within the IMU are designated shared or public space and may not be reserved by student organizations, university departments or u...
Guidelines and Information
Registered UI Student Organizations and UI Departments can make reservations for free IMU meeting spaces online at https://...
The IMU has set forth guidelines for decorating within the IMU facility and event spaces. Any one not following policy may lose reservation privileges...
Student organizations or university departments making the initial reservations are to be held as the responsible organization for the event. If a bal...