Conditions of Use
All policies governing the sale of goods in the IMU by student organizations will be applicable on the Amphitheater.
More than one event may be scheduled at once on the west side of the IMU on the IMU River Terrace and IMU River Amphitheater. The number and types of events permitted simultaneously will be the decision of IMU Event Services and will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
Food and beverage service on the River Terrace will be allowed and must be provided by UI Catering.
Failure to obtain approval for the use of the IMU River Terrace or violation of applicable University regulations during use may result in the withdrawal of the privilege of use.
South River Terrace
The south section of the IMU River Terrace, the South River Terrace, is open to the public at all times. Outside of the academic year, programming is not permitted on Friday evenings after 5pm or at any time on Saturdays unless arrangements are made within one month of the event date.
North River Terrace
The north section of the IMU River Terrace, the North River Terrace, is available for reservations in conjunction with events in the Main Lounge and Sunporch or events on the Sunporch only for dates when the Main Lounge is not booked up to one (1) month prior to the requested event date. Request for reservations outside of this time frame should be directed to IMU Administration.
- Alcohol service may be offered on the North River Terrace. All University of Iowa policy governing alcohol service must be adhered to on the terrace. See Beverage page 10 for more information. All beverages must be kept on the terrace or inside the building at all times.
- Signage and security will be required for events serving alcoholic beverages on the terrace.
- If conditions are not suitable for use, the IMU reserves the right to limit groups to using the indoor space(s) (Main Lounge or Sunporch) reserved in conjunction with the North Terrace. No additional rain back up will be provided and no refunds will be issued.
This space is reserved in conjunction with the IMU Main Lounge and/or Sunporch. The rental fee for these spaces applies and no additional rental fee will be issued. Set up and equipment rental fees may apply. For additional damages there will be a fee for both student organizations and departments which can be found under Fees in the Additional Damages/Cleaning Fees policy section. For more information contact Event Services.
Sound Amplification Guidelines
Amplified sound is restricted on the IMU North River Terrace in the following ways:
- Amplification systems less than or equal to 20 watts are allowed at any time.
- Amplification systems greater than 20 watts are allowed from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM.
Water is not available on the IMU River Terrace.
Electrical Hook Up
110 single phase electrical outlets are available at all times for no fee along the IMU River Terrace. For additional power needs please speak with the Facility Coordinator.
Internet access is available for no charge on the terrace.
Reservation GuidelinesThe IMU River Amphitheater is available for reservations from 8am to 10pm. Requests for exceptions can be submitted to IMU Event...
The University of Iowa has several spaces for outdoor events available to student organizations, departments, and university guests. To reserve an ou...
The Danforth Chapel was built in 1952 as a place of worship, meditation, and prayer as well as an oasis where students could reflect on their daily li...