Find a Job
Finding and applying for a student job at the IMU:
- Use Hire-A-Hawk to find openings at the IMU. All open positions at the IMU will be displayed with "IMU" in the job title.
Stop by our office in 253 IMU if you need assistance with this process.
- Once you've completed your profile on Hire-A-Hawk, you can apply for any open IMU positions. Note: if you already have a Hire-A-Hawk profile, you can skip this step.
- Your completed application will be sent to us via Hire-A-Hawk.
- We will confirm receipt of your completed application via email. The email will contain further instructions - please contact us at the number listed in the email.
Note: If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to make application for employment, please contact Human Resources in advance, at 335-0121.
Why work at the IMU?
- The IMU employs hundreds of students in a wide variety of exciting part-time jobs on campus!
- Get real-world experience in areas such as: student development, retail sales, marketing, design, photography, writing, food service, customer service, inventory management, hospitality.
- Examples of employers include: Iowa Hawk Shop, Student Life Marketing + Design, University Athletic Club, and the Iowa House Hotel.
- Jobs have flexible hours and are able to accommodate your class and activity schedule.
- Iowa Grow program helps to link your classroom learning with on-the-job experience and training.
Internships are available for undergraduate and graduate students who seek jobs related to their academic and career objectives. Students have the option of registering their job as an internship with the Pomerantz Career Center. Contact The University of Iowa Career Services located at C310 Pomerantz Career Center. You can also call 319-335-1023 and ask for Sherry or Crystal, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to make application for employment, please contact Human Resources in advance, at 335-0121.
Who can work for the Iowa Memorial Union?
- Any University of Iowa student registered for at least 1 semester hour (correspondence courses do not apply).
- Both Work Study and Non-Work Study students are eligible.
- During the academic year students may work up to 20 hours per week.
- During the summer, UI student registration is not required and working 40 hours per week is allowed.