The HawkeyEsports Arcade in the IMU is committed to providing a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment for all members of the University Community.
The establishment of this space provides an opportunity for students to engage with community members who enjoy playing, discussing, and participating in video game culture. The space is available for open gaming and will also be reservable for events, team practice, and to host tournaments. The HawkeyEsports Arcade is more than 2,700 square feet and located on the ground floor of the Iowa Memorial Union. It includes 20 gaming computer systems and three console stations that give guests access to the latest in Xbox Series X, PS5, and Nintendo Switch games played on 65” OLED TVs.
- The HawkeyEsports Arcade Team
For information concerning group reservations and pricing please contact IMU-Game-Space@uiowa.edu
The HawkeyEsports Arcade is committed to providing a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment for all members of the University Community. Below you will find the HawkeyEsports Arcade Code of Conduct and Policies for use; these are an essential part of the space that ensures an enjoyable experience for all guests. By entering the space you agree to follow these policies and conduct yourself in a manner that upholds the values and ideals set forth by the University of Iowa. Failure to uphold the University’s values or engaging in any of the behaviors listed below may result in your removal from the space and disciplinary action under the University of Iowa Student Code of Conduct.
- The Space is open to all currently enrolled University of Iowa Students.
- Faculty and Staff have access to the space however priority will be given to UI students. At this time non-UIOWA affiliated guests are not allowed to use the space unless they are part of a group reservation sponsored by a registered student organization or university department.
- Non-UIOWA group reservations may be approved at the discretion of Iowa Memorial Union Event Services.
- All guests must swipe their Iowa One ID card for access to the space.
- Individuals using another person’s ID card will be denied access and the card will be confiscated. The individual listed on the ID card will have their access to the space suspended, and they must meet with a member of the HawkeyEsports Arcade Management team by appointment. Further action may be taken in accordance with applicable University policies and procedures.
HawkeyEsports Arcade general conduct
- All guests are expected to treat every individual within the space with respect and be courteous as it relates to the experience of other guests.
- Attempting to utilize the computers for anything other than gaming will not be tolerated. Games containing excessive realistic violence or sexual content are not allowed and may not be downloaded or played in the space.
- Damaging or tampering with any property in or around the HawkeyEsports Arcade may result in disciplinary action through the Student Accountability Office, University Human Resources, or Office of the Provost.
- Poor sportsmanship directed towards other guests will not be tolerated.
- Cheating or any illegal activity conducted in, around, or in connection with the space will not be tolerated by the University and may be subject to legal action.
- Toxic behavior of any kind including, but not limited to, threats of violence, lewd, obscene, or profane language, comments, or gestures, stalking, bullying, physical altercations, “rage quitting” and/or other forms of intimidation will not be tolerated.
- Anyone violating these policies will face immediate ejection from the arcade and be subject to disciplinary action in accordance with the University of Iowa Student Code of Conduct.
For reference, harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Hateful language, offensive or discriminatory behavior, or verbal abuse related to an individual’s actual or perceived social identity including, but not limited to, gender, gender identity, gender expression, origin, disabling condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, religion, veteran status, political affiliation, age, race, ethnicity, physical appearance, or body size.
- Stalking or intimidation (physically or online).
- Spamming, raiding, hijacking, impersonating, or inciting disruption of streams or social media.
- Posting or threatening to post other people’s personally identifying information (“doxing”).
- Unwelcome sexual attention including unwelcome sexualized comments, jokes, and sexual advances.
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
- ONLY WATER in a leak proof container is permitted inside the HawkeyEsports Arcade and MUST be stored on the floor away from gaming equipment.
- Food is NOT permitted in the HawkeyEsports Arcade.
- Service animals are permitted and should be accompanied at all times.
- All equipment in the HawkeyEsports Arcade must remain within the space.
- Alcohol and/or drug use is strictly prohibited. Smoking, vaping, and other tobacco products are also prohibited.
- Students must notify staff of any damaged or malfunctioning equipment prior to use.
- Personal items left unattended will be held for a period of one week at the front desk of the HawkeyEsports Arcade before the items are donated or discarded. The University of Iowa and the HawkeyEsports Arcade staff are not responsible for any personal items left unattended.
- A mouse, keyboard, headset, and mousepad are provided at each PC gaming station.
- Guests may use personal peripherals, but they must be removed and reset to the original setup when finished gaming.
- Guests are responsible for the care of all equipment they use in the space. Any repair or replacement costs incurred due to misuse of equipment will be the individual’s responsibility.
- Guests are responsible for leaving their gaming station clean and ready for the next user after each use.
- Personal items must be kept under your gaming station at all times.
- Rollerblades, skateboards, bicycles, scooters, hoverboards, and any similar modes of personal transportation, are not allowed in the space.
- PC gaming stations and console gaming areas are currently available on a first come, first serve basis. Individual reservations are not available at this time.
- Guests have access to a variety of free games and a limited amount of paid games. To access paid games user must already have the license purchased and be able to provide credentials when prompted.
- For free games guests must use their own credentials to login. If you do not already have credentials for a game you can make an account for free on the games website.
- The ability to download games that you own on available platforms exists, however, you will not be given any additional time and the games will be removed at the end of the day. Please notify a member of our staff before attempting to download any games. The decision of which games to allow is at the sole discretion of the staff member currently working. Games must be in compliance with the General Conduct above, appropriate actions will be taken if guests are found to be in breach of the above conduct and policies.
- PC Stations: each guest is permitted 3-hours of gameplay per calendar day.
- Console Stations: the console stations may be occupied for 90-minutes at a time with the option to extend for one additional 90-minute time block if no other guests are waiting. The console stations are on a first come first serve basis.
- Guests are expected to vacate the console station or PC station once time allotment has been reached for that session.
- Console controllers are available to check out from the HawkeyEsports Arcade Welcome Desk at no cost for use inside the space.
- Equipment is available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Your Iowa One ID card or state issued ID card is required to check out equipment and will be held until equipment is returned.
- Guests are responsible for the care of all equipment in their possession. Any repair or replacement costs incurred due to misuse of equipment will be the responsibility of the person who checked out the equipment.
|Sun||11:00am - 11:00pm|
|Mon||11:00am - 11:00pm|
|Tue||11:00am - 11:00pm|
|Wed||11:00am - 11:00pm|
|Thu||11:00am - 11:00pm|
|Fri||11:00am - 11:00pm|
|Sat||11:00am - 11:00pm|
Hours are subject to change.
Modified hours will occur during university breaks, holidays, summer session, major weather events, and final exams.
HawkeyEsports Arcade is located on the Ground floor of the IMU across from the Hawkeye.
Location: G335 Ground floor of the IMU
Gaming computer systems
Gaming console stations
Computer (PC) games
- Among Us – Epic Games
- *Apex Legends – Steam
- *Call of Duty: Warzone – Blizzard
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare – Blizzard
- Call of Duty: Vanguard – Blizzard
- *CS:GO – Steam
- *Destiny 2 – Steam
- Diablo 3 – Blizzard
- *Dota 2 – Steam
- Elden Ring – Steam
- Fall Guys – Steam
- *Fortnite – Epic Games
- *Halo Infinite – Steam
- *Hearthstone – Blizzard
- *Heroes of the Storm – Blizzard
- *League of Legends – Riot
- Left 4 Dead 2 - Steam
- *Legends of Runeterra – Riot
- Minecraft – Minecraft
- Mortal Kombat 11 – Steam
- Overwatch – Blizzard
- Phasmophobia – Steam
- *PUBG – Steam
- Rainbow Six | Siege – Steam
- *Rocket League – Epic
- Rust – Steam
- Street Fighter V – Steam
- Tekken 7 – Steam
- *Valorant – Riot
- World of Warcraft – Blizzard
Xbox Series X: Will need a Free Xbox Account
- Apex Legends
- Cluster Truck
- Fall Guys
- Gang Beasts
- Goat Simulator
- Halo Infinite
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- Injustice 2
- Madden 23
- Mortal Kombat 11
- Rocket League
- Rubber Bandits
- Rainbow Six | Siege
PlayStation 5: Will need a Free PlayStation Account
- Rocket League
- Apex Legends
- Fall Guys
- Call of Duty: Warzone
Nintendo Switch: Will need Free Nintendo Account for Online play
- Super Smash Brothers: Ultimate
- Mario Cart 8
- Mario Party Superstars
- Super Mario Party
- Splatoon 3
- NES Emulator
- SNES Emulator
- Xbox Series X
- Nintendo Switch
- Mortal Combat
- Street Fighter II
* Denotes Free to play games (Free Accounts may be required)
All other PC games require guests to own licenses for them and will ask for guest credentials in order to play.
** Select paid PC game licenses provided by the HawkeyEsports Arcade coming soon.