Registered UI student organizations and university departments should create a reservation account to reserve meeting rooms and other spaces. We are now taking reservations for the 2020-2021 academic year! However, due to COVID-19, new room capacities and set-up configurations are in place to support social distancing. All meetings and events in the IMU must follow University and other CDC guidance.
PLEASE NOTE - Typically, meeting room and solicitation reservations for the upcoming academic year may be made by student organizations beginning at 8:00 am on April 15 and by departments beginning at 8:00 am on May 1. At this time, we will not accept reservations for the 2021-2022 academic year until at least August 1, while we wait to receive updated COVID-19 capacity guidance. More information will be shared on our website (www.imu.uiowa.edu/event-services) when it is available.
For more information please go to https://coronavirus.uiowa.edu/.
Reservations for banquet and ballroom spaces
For larger spaces like banquet and ballroom spaces, university guest reservations, advertising or promotional placement: Call 319-335-3114 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Registered UI Student Organizations can make Banquet and Ballroom requests here.
- Many Student Organization reservations require an Event Information Form to be completed before the event can be approved. You can see more information about that process here: Engage Event Submission Form Instructions.
Outdoor campus spaces
Outdoor spaces at the IMU and around campus are available for departmental and student organization events. Starting Aug. 19, 2020, student organizations interested in hosting an information table at an outdoor location must use the online reservation tool (EMS Web app) mentioned above.
If you have questions before making a reservation, please write to email@example.com.
IMU digital signage
Digital signage in the IMU is reserved for registered UI student organizations and departments only. Make a signage reservation on this page
Visit the Iowa House Hotel website or call 319.335.3513 for on-campus hotel room reservations.
Other campus spaces and reservations
- Classroom Scheduling: General Assignment Classrooms
- University Capitol Center (UCC): UCC Conference Center, UCC Executive Boardroom, UCC Breakroom
- Old Capitol
- Hancher: Contact Mark North for event inquiries.
- Main Library Learning Commons: group study spaces and other facilities
- Hawkeye Spaces: Meeting and event spaces at Kinnick Stadium, Carver Hawkeye Arena, Beckwith Boathouse, and the Athletics Hall of Fame.
- UI Cultural Centers: Afro House, APACC, LGBTQRC, LNACC
- Rec Services Facilities: Campus Recreation & Wellness Center, P. Sue Beckwith Boathouse, Outdoor Rental Center, Macbride Nature Recreation Area, Hawkeye Tennis & Recreation Complex, Hawkeye Softball Complex, Hawkeye Recreation Fields, Fitness East, Field House, UI Challenge Course