Movies and other Copyrighted Materials

In compliance with the Federal Copyright Act (Title 17 of the United State Code) regarding film and video piracy, anyone wishing to show a film or other copyrighted material in any IMU venue must first obtain a public performance license agreement. Neither the rental nor the purchase of a videocassette or DVD, nor the subscription to an online streaming service such as Netflix, carries the right to show it outside the home. 

Student Organizations 

Registered Student Organizations requesting to show a film or play copyrighted material in an IMU managed space must return a completed Event Information Form (EIF) with the appropriate Public Performance license to the IMU Event Services office ten (10) days prior to the event date providing permission to show copyrighted materials in public settings. If the EIF and license is not received the copyrighted material will not be permitted and/or the event may be cancelled at the customer’s expense. Reservations for these events will not receive a confirmed status unless the Public Performance license has been approved.

University Departments 

University departments must obtain the license and be prepared to show it to IMU management the day of the event.

University Guests 

University guests must obtain the license and provide a copy to IMU Event Services ten (10) days prior to the event date. 

More topics: