The IMU has designated specific locations within the building for the purpose of conducting a rally or demonstration. Rallies and demonstrations are subject to all IMU, University of Iowa, and Dean of Students regulations. Those not following policies set forth by the University of Iowa will be asked to cease their rally or demonstration.
- Student Organizations may host a political rally or demonstration in Hubbard Commons, Hubbard Park, and/or the South Lobby entrance (departments or university guests may not conduct a rally or demonstration).
- Rallies or demonstrations for other locations on campus include: Pentacrest and Kautz Plaza.
- Reservations must be made in the VP Student Life Office, IMU 249 prior to the event date.
- An Event Information Form must be filled out in conjunction with the reservation and approved by the Director of the IMU.
- Amplification may be used only for people speaking, however, non-amplified music is permitted (e.g., harmonica, guitar).
- The carrying of signs is permitted, provided the signs are not attached to sticks.