Conditions of Use
- More than one event at a time may be scheduled on the park. The number of events permitted simultaneously will be the decision of the IMU Event Services Office.
- All policies governing the sale of goods in the IMU will be applicable on Hubbard Park. Policies regarding solicitation by student organizations will apply on Hubbard Park.
- Failure to obtain approval for the use of the Philip G. Hubbard Park, or violation of applicable University regulations during use, may result in the withdrawal of the privilege of use.
- If park conditions are not suitable for use, the IMU reserves the right to cancel, move, or schedule rain back up dates. All effort will be made to notify groups three (3) days in advance of the scheduled event date.
- Tents and other items cannot be set on the park without prior approval. An Iowa One Call to Building and Landscape Services will be required before driving anything (i.e tent stakes, posts, etc.) in the ground to prevent damage to the sprinkler system and underground cables. Groups are responsible for coordinating these requests with IMU Facility Coordinators.
There is no fee for use of Hubbard Park by registered student organizations and university departments unless special expenses or damages occur. The IMU Fee Schedule applies to all special expenses. University Guests may be permitted to use the park with special permission. Please contact IMU Event Services for more information and to determine an estimate.
- Philip G. Hubbard Park is reserved on an “as is” condition. Requested set-ups such as staging, tables, lining of the field, etc., are the responsibility of the user to arrange. Some items may be requested from IMU Event Services in limited quantities. Please see the Hubbard Park section on this page or email an IMU Facility Coordinator for additional pricing.
- Users are expected to leave the park in the same condition in which they received it. Users will be charged for any damage, clean-up, or misuse of the park. These charges are determined by IMU Administration.
Sound Amplification Guidelines
Amplified sound is restricted on Hubbard Park in the following ways:
Audio levels will be measured in decibels (dB) from the sidewalk surrounding Hubbard Park.
Audio levels measuring at 60 dB or less are allowed at any time.
Audio levels measuring at 70 dB or less are permitted Monday through Friday between the hours of 12:20 PM and 1:30 PM.
Audio levels exceeding 75 dB are permitted on Friday between the hours of 5:00 PM and 10:00 PM, and on Saturday and Sunday between the hours of 8:30 AM and 10:00 PM
Any City of Iowa City sound ordinances must also be met.
The Iowa Memorial Union reserves the right to require audio levels to be lowered at any time.